Living, Laughing, and Loving Each Other Since 2001

Living, Laughing, and Loving Each Other Since 2001

Clint, Paige & Cash!

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Breakin' A Sweat

We recently took an oath as a family that we were all going to work hard and try to get into shape before the wedding. I obviously had my weight fluctuate with being pregnant, Clint's weight has varied since he's not playing football everyday, and a recent trip to the vet revealed that Kassia needs to lose 1-2 pounds (as a result of Clint and I being busy and forgetting to take her out on walks). I figured that Clint and I would be the only ones holding up our end of the bargain, Kassia doesn't care, Sauza eats anything in site, and Cash doesn't need to lose anything. We were wrong! In the past couple days/ weeks Cash has been working his little butt off! He recently started smiling and has been working extremely hard to makes sounds that are the beginning of words. He will lie on his back and talk to me for hours a day. He works so hard, in fact, that the first couple times it happened I thought that he was struggling to poop. haha. The most exciting thing though is that Cash can now ROLLOVER!! My mom tried to tell me a couple weeks ago that he was rolling over when she was changing him. I chose to ignore this until I saw it with my own eyes (ignorance is bliss). So the other day I laid him on his belly to do some exercises sizes and BAM! he flipped over onto his back from his belly! I was so excited but the most exciting thing was today when Clint witnessed it AND we caught it on film! Soooo exciting. I tried to enclose a video below. . . I am a proud momma!

So now its up to Clint and I to fulfill our end of the agreement since our son is basically showing us up. We were lucky enough to get P90X to try until the wedding. . . for free! We only have ~80 days until the wedding so we will be cutting the program short. We tried to first work-out assigned and man was it intense! my abs are really weak from being stretched out for 9th months, so needless the say, the "Ab Ripper X" literally felt like it was ripping my abs out of my stomach. However much we thought that hurt, the Chest and Back DVD hurt way worse. Girls are not meant to do that many push ups, and who knew there were so many kinds?! The guy that made this workout up is a beast and seems a little insane. Either way, if we keep this workout up I know that we are going to see results! Sadly, I get sore just from running the bases during softball so I am anticipating that I am going to be in pure misery tomorrow. Oh well. One day down- 80ish days to go! We will try to put up before pictures when we get around to it. . . if we make it through the first week alive.

Sweet Baby Boy